- Basic agistment at Pear Tree Farm includes grazing, one hard feed per day, twice daily checks and covers on/off when weather permits.
- If your horse requires extra hard feed or hay, you be charged appropriately.
- Pear Tree Farm feeds locally made meadow hay, chaffhage from Wallfield Farms, Oamaru and horse muesli, oats and nuts from Couplands Stockfeed in Timaru.
- We reserve the right to feed any horse on the property as we see fit to maintain appropriate condition.
- On arrival your horse will be drenched and kept in a quarantine paddock for a week before being put in with others.
- Pear Tree Farm is the ideal place to send horses that suffer from anxieties being around other horses – or those who are just a little shy!
- We have smaller paddocks which mean smaller numbers so that personalities can be matched up and insecurities can be addressed.
- Each horse receives individual care daily and those who need a bit more time, will get it.
- Pear Tree Farm can provide post surgery care for horses at very competitive prices.
- Please feel free to ring and discuss your horse’s needs with Anna.
- $12.50/day for dry mares, fillies, gelding and colts (up to yearlings)
- $14.50/day for wet mares (with foal at foot) and colts (over 1 year of age)
- $2.30/day per horse when required
- $500 round the clock supervision and assisted foaling
- $200 7 day follow (only done by request)
- $42/day South Island Sales prep (while boxed) plus $100 per day at the sales. (South Island Sales - three days)
- $49/day North Island Sales prep plus other expenses.
- $19/day leading up to sales prep (prior to boxing) which includes 2 x feeds/day and handling.
- Mares, fillies and geldings - $17/day for first eight weeks then $12.50/day
- Colts - $19/day for first eight weeks then $14.50/day
- WEANING FEE - $450
- HOOF TRIMMING - $40
- SHOEING - usually around $120 per horse
- WORMING - less than $35
ALL PRICES ARE GST EXCLUSIVE
VET and FARRIER COSTS ARE NOT INCLUDED
Any unpaid accounts will be charged interest of 5% per month that they are outstanding.
Any debt collection fees will be added on top of outstanding amounts